Monday April 18, 2011 – Thanks to incredible snow conditions, the Lake Louise Ski Area is pleased to announce that it will remain open for an extra bonus week from Monday May 2 to Sunday May 8.
To help celebrate this year’s “never-ending winter”, Lake Louise has also created a myriad of season-ending special offers for our final week of winter operations, including several ways to ski or ride for free.
During the Lake Louise Bonus Week (May 2-8), Lake Louise will offer free skiing and riding to the following groups:
- All 2010-2011 season pass holders, from any North American ski resort.
- All children 12 years of age and under.
- All Lake Louise 2011-2012 “Early-Bird” season pass holders. If you are contemplating purchasing a Lake Louise season pass for next year, buy it now, save 30%, and ski for free during our bonus week.
“We’ve had an epic snow year at Lake Louise and conditions are just too good to shut down on our scheduled date of May 1,” confirms Lake Louise Marketing Director John Ross. “To help celebrate this year’s excellent conditions, we’re staying open an extra week and inviting die-hard skiers and riders from across North American to come out for one more week of great skiing in the Rocky Mountains. We’re very proud of Lake Louise’s conditions and are happy to show it off during our bonus week.”
In addition to free skiing for all North American ski resort season pass holders and kids 12 and under, Lake Louise is also pleased to provide the following additional offers for the bonus week (May 2-8).
- All discount ski card holders, from any North American ski resort, can save $25.95 and ski for just $50, plus gst.
- If you have a current 2010-2011 Lake Louise or Big 3 season pass, you can purchase a lift ticket for a friend for just $50, plus gst.
- The Lake Louise Food and Beverage department will provide a season ending “Burger & Bonus Beer” special for only $7.
- The Lake Louise Ski School will also provide free “Learn-To-Ski/Ride“ lessons for children 12 and under (limited availability, reservations recommended).
- Full- time ski area staff from all RCR Resorts, Revelstoke, Kicking Horse, Panorama, COP, Rabbit Hill, Snow Valley, Edmonton Ski Club, Sunridge, Canyon, and Hidden Valley can also purchase a lift ticket for just $50 (plus gst) during the May 2-8 Bonus Week.
“On Saturday May 7,District and Stevo from Banff will present the Garden Gnome Showdown, and the Rude Boys will shut it down with the Season Ender Bender,” said Ross. “The Blackout City Kids will also be back to perform live on the Kokanee Kabin deck on both Saturday May 7, and Sunday May 8. The Lake Louise Bonus Week should prove to be an excellent wrap-up to a stellar season.”
*In order to prepare for our summer sightseeing operation which begins May 14, please be advised that the Glacier Quad Chair will not be in operation from May 2-8.